Below are some resources that we relied on in the beginning and still reference now.
- Checklist for starting (and using) a school garden from the Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- Checklist prepared by Dorothy Mullen
- Guide for creating school gardens as outdoor classrooms from Life Lab
- Legal Issues Impacting School Gardens, a presentation from Mary Marrow of William Mitchell College of Law, Public Health Law Center
- School Garden Guide from Slow Food USA
"All three of our children have participated in the Learning Garden. It has been wonderful in so many ways. They are more willing to try new veggies, it has increased interest in cooking, they participate in gardening at home, and they're more aware of their impact on the environment." -- 4th grade parent, Southern Boone Elementary School, Fall 2014